What Information We Collect:
Information Collected Directly From You
When you visit and/or use our Site, we may collect information from you, including but not limited to, the following:
- your first and last name;
- your title and your company’s name;
- your home, billing, or other physical address (including street name, name of a city or town, state/province, postal code);
- your e-mail address;
- your telephone number;
- any other identifier that permits Consolidated Bus Transit to make physical or online contact with you;
- any information that Consolidated Bus Transit collects online from you and maintains in association with your account, such as: (a) your username, (b) your password, and/or (c) your credit card account information; and
- any information you input while using the Site.
Information Collected Automatically
As you use and access our Site, we and our service providers (which are third party companies that work on our behalf to provide and enhance the Site) may use a variety of technologies to automatically collect information, including but not limited to:
- Usage Information, such as the source address from which a page request originates (i.e., your IP address, domain name, type of computer), date and time of the page request, the referring website (if any), and other parameters in the URL (e.g., search criteria). We may use this data, for instance, to better understand our Site usage in the aggregate. This information would be stored in log files and used for aggregated and statistical reporting. It would not attribute to you as an individual (i.e., log files are not associated with any particular user, computer, or browser).
- Location Information. We may collect and process general information about the location of the device from which you are accessing the Site (e.g., approximate geographic location inferred from an IP address).
- Web Beacons. Web beacons (also known as “web bugs”) are small strings of code that provide a method of delivering a graphic image on a web page or in an e-mail message for the purpose of transferring data. We may use web beacons (or clear GIFs) on our Site or include them in the e-mail messages we send you for many purposes, including site traffic reporting, unique visitor counts, advertising e-mail auditing and reporting, and personalization. Information gathered through web beacons may be linked to your Personal Information.
- IP Addresses and Log Files. An Internet Protocol (“IP”) address is a number assigned to each computer on a network to identify your computer every time you log on to the Internet. We may keep track of IP addresses to troubleshoot technical concerns and to maintain the safety and security of our Site, such as by reviewing your IP address in combination with your Personal Information for credit fraud protection and risk reduction. In addition, we may use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer this Site, track traffic patterns, and gather demographic information for aggregate use.
Use of Personal Information
Consolidated Bus Transit may collect and use Personal Information to operate and improve its Site and deliver the services or carry out the transactions you have requested. These uses may include providing you with more effective customer service; making the Site or services easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information; and displaying content and advertising that are customized to your interests and preferences. Specific circumstances may include when:
- you make purchases of services. If you request something from the Site (for example, a service, a callback, or specific marketing materials), we will use the information you provide to fulfill your request;
- you request information or materials;
- you participate in surveys and evaluations. As part of a transaction, we may contact you as part of a customer satisfaction survey or for market research purposes;
- you apply for a job, or submit your resume to Consolidated Bus Transit; or
- you submit questions or comments to us.
We also use your Personal Information to communicate with you. We may send certain necessary service communications such as billing reminders, information on technical service issues, and security announcements. We may also contact you to inform you of other products or services available from Consolidated Bus Transit and its affiliates. Personal Information collected on the Site and services may be stored and processed in the United States, and by using the Site, product or service, you consent to any such transfer of information. We may anonymize or aggregate Personal Information and share it with third parties for any purpose, including to better understand users’ activity on our Site and provide services to our visitors.
Sharing With Third Parties
We may disclose and/or share your information under the following circumstances:
- Affiliates and Subsidiaries. We may share the information we collect with any Consolidated Bus Transit affiliates or subsidiaries.
- Service Providers. We may provide access to or share your information with select entities that use the information only to perform services on our behalf. These service providers provide a variety of services to us, including without limitation, processing and delivery of mailings, providing customer support, hosting websites, processing transactions, performing statistical analysis of our services, providing marketing assistance or similar such services, data storage, security, fraud prevention, and other services. These companies will be permitted to obtain only the Personal Information they need to deliver the service, are required to maintain the confidentiality of the Personal Information, and are prohibited from using it for any other purpose.
Website Analytics and Do-Not-Track
- Website Analytics. We may use third-party web analytics services on our Site to collect and analyze usage information through cookies and similar tools; engage in auditing, research, or reporting; and provide certain features to you. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here.
- Notice Concerning Do Not Track. Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our Site for third party purposes. However, we do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals.
If you would like to opt out of receiving additional information from us or having us provide your Personal Information to our partners, email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not wish to continue receiving certain marketing materials (e.g., email messages), you can opt-out of receiving these materials by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the materials. This option does not apply to communications primarily for the purpose of administering orders, contracts, support, safety warnings, or other administrative and transactional notices.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may have certain rights. California law may permit you to request that we:
- Provide you the categories of personal information we have collected or disclosed about you in the last twelve months; the categories of sources of such information; the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information; and the categories of third parties with whom we shared personal information.
- Provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you.
- Delete certain information we have about you.
You may have the right to receive information about the financial incentives that we offer to you (if any). You also have the right to not be discriminated against (as provided for in applicable law) for exercising certain of your rights. Certain information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law. For example, we need certain types of information so that we can provide the Site and for compliance with applicable law. If you ask us to delete certain information, you may no longer be able to access or use the Site.
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Site that are California residents to request, once per year, that we disclose the identity of any third parties with whom we have shared personal information for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes within the previous calendar year, along with the type of personal information disclosed. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
If would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be required to verify your identify before we fulfill your request. You can also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. To do so, you must provide us with written authorization or a power of attorney, signed by you, for the agent to act on your behalf. You will still need to verify your identity directly with us.
Categories of personal information we collect. Throughout this Policy, we discuss in detail the specific pieces of Personal Information we collect from and about users. Under the CCPA, we are also required to provide you with the “categories” of Personal Information we collect. The categories we may collect are: identifiers (such as name, address, email address); commercial information (such as transaction data); financial data (such as credit card information); internet or other network or device activity (such as browsing history or Site usage); general geolocation information (e.g., your city and state based on IP address or precise location, with your consent); professional or employment related data; audio or visual information (such as call recordings if you do not opt out); potentially protected classifications (such as gender); and other information that identifies or can be reasonably associated with you.
How we use these categories of personal information. We and our service providers may use the categories of Personal Information we collect from and about you for the following business purposes and commercial (as those terms are defined in applicable law):
- Our or our service provider’s operational purposes;
- Detecting, protecting against, and prosecuting security incidents and fraudulent or illegal activity;
- Bug detection and error reporting;
- Customizing content that we display on the Site;
- Providing our services (e.g., account servicing, customer service, advertising and marketing, analytics, and communication about the services);
- Other uses that advance our commercial or economic interests;
- Other uses about which we notify you.
Except as set forth herein, unless you have provided consent, Consolidated Bus Transit will not (a) sell, rent or lease your Personal Information to third parties, and (b) disclose your Personal Information to third parties for their own marketing purposes.
Consolidated Bus Transit may disclose the following categories of information about you or your use of the Site for business purposes (as defined by applicable law) or as required by applicable law:
Identifiers (such as name, address, email address); commercial information (such as transaction data); financial data (such as credit card information); internet or other network or device activity (such as browsing history or app usage); geolocation information; biometric information; sensory information (such as audio or visual information); professional or employment related data (when you apply for a job), education data, inference data about you; legally protected classifications (such as gender and marital status); insurance (including health insurance) information, medical information, and other information that identifies or can reasonably associated with you.
Sale of Personal Information
California residents may opt out of the “sale” of their personal information. Under the CCPA, sale is broadly defined such that it may include allowing third parties to collect or receive certain information, such as cookies, IP address, and/or browsing behavior or to deliver services.
If you would like to opt out of Consolidated Bus Transit’s use of your information for such purposes that are considered a “sale” under California law, you may do so by submitting a sale opt-out request by emailing us email@example.com. Please note that we do not knowingly sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age without legally-required affirmative authorization.
Notice for Nevada Residents
Under Nevada law, certain Nevada consumers may opt out of the sale of “personally identifiable information” for monetary consideration (as such terms are defined under Nevada law) to a person for that person to license or sell such information to additional persons. We do not engage in such activity; however, if you are a Nevada resident and you have purchased services from us, you may submit a request to opt out of any potential future sales under Nevada law by submitting a request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity and the authenticity of the request. Once verified, we will maintain your request in the event our practices change.
Safeguarding Your Personal Information
We recognize industry standards and employ security safeguards designed to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access and misuse. We use the most accurate and current information you provide in order to process your request.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to the Site. Any transmission of information, including Personal Information, is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on this Site.
For Questions or Concerns